Streamer MontanaBlack is planning a Christmas event on Twitch, and in the spirit of the holiday season, he gives a content creator a gift that many people no longer have on their radar: The first person he invites is CommanderWarrior (44), who has been in the last few years. I had a hard time staying relevant for years.
What kind of event is this?
- The most famous German political commentator and Twitch streamer MontanaBlack has plans for December 17th. a Christmas event that he will broadcast on Twitch.
- He wants to invite over 100 German content creators and spend time with them on a rented 300 meter long ski slope.
- The idea is that everyone can do whatever they want there, stream or produce content themselves. There should be sledding and skiing, then we’ll get together and do Secret Santa together. It should last a few hours: an event to do something together. Because in the end you are a big family and you share the same interests.
MontanaBlack wants to give something back
This was the special invitation: First, MontanaBlack personally invited CommanderWarrior. He’s a “fucking OG legend.”
Because many may have forgotten you, but I have not forgotten you.
MontanaBlack explained that you can only invite large, relevant streamers to some events because you have to justify the production effort to your team, but this doesn’t matter for the ski event. He wanted to invite Commanderkrieger “to give something back”, because Commanderkrieger invited him to participate in his fan meeting in 2014. Now the circle would close.
If MontanaBlack had the opportunity to give back, Commanderkrieger would be the first person he would invite.
How did the guest react? Commander Krieger was moved to tears, had to look him in the eyes and was visibly taken by his words.
Many fans also took the opportunity to tell Commanderkrieger how much they appreciate him and how great they think it is that he is being recognized here on his YouTube video, which now has 114,000 views.
This is what lies behind: This is a bit of a bitter story. Because in the German Internet Commanderkrieger is seen as an example of someone who was once big, but who has lost much of his audience over the years – similar to Ninja in the US, whose star has fallen significantly after the hype of Fortnite.
The sayings and jokes on Commanderkrieger are similar to those of Twitch streamer ChefStrobel. It serves as a permanent punchline for gags that have somehow taken on a life of their own such that they are no longer about the person, but have already become a meme.
Commanderkrieger was – as MontanaBlack rightly says – already present at the origins of German YouTube, around 11 years ago, and was very successful there
- Some of his videos from 2012 have reached around 1 million views.
- Even before 2017 there were always at least 100 thousand present.
- But videos in recent weeks have only reached figures between 2,000 and 5,000 views.
The 110,000 views Commanderkrieger now has after being invited by MontanaBlack is his biggest achievement in about 2 years.
MontanaBlack seems to like Steramers from before, but probably doesn’t care for many of the current streamers on German Twitch:
MontanaBlack complains about the award he didn’t win and the “dirty, left-wing” Twitch surrounding HandofBlood