In the new episode of the WoWCast, several Blizzard managers answered questions from the community about the various WoW announcements at BlizzCon 2023. In this message we have summarized all the news for you.
With World of Warcraft: The War Within (or the Worldsoul saga), Cataclysm Classic and the season of discovery There were several noteworthy announcements for all World of Warcraft fans at BlizzCon 2023. Announcements that left many questions unanswered. Some of these community questions were asked during the WoWCast’s post-BlizzCon Q&A session. You can watch the nearly 64-minute long chat here. We will then summarize the most important findings for you.
Questions and answers for The Internal War
- Game Director Ion Hazzikostas and Associate Game Director Morgan Day answered questions about the new WoW expansion.
- The roadmap for 2023 was well received. So he will a roadmap for 2024 Give. According to Hazzikostas, there will be three more updates for Dragonflight before The War Within releases. A patch introduces Season 4, where the developers want to try an experiment or two (similar to the end of Shadowlands).
- With the 3 day early access The developers want to update the epic edition of The War Within. You can find out more about it in this news. This bonus is intended to affect level experience only. All subsequent things like the weekly ID reset, the start of the season and so on should be planned in such a way that it makes no difference whether you managed to collect your first experience points three days earlier or later.
- While The War Within, Midnight, and The Last Titan expansions are expected to appear at a faster pace, in all three cases players can expect all the content that accompanies that expansion (“four new areas, dungeons, raids and so on“). The goal is rather broader Avoid content gaps and achieve an update rate, as has happened so far with Dragonflight, while working on the other expansions at the same time.
- All Druidic flying forms It will support dynamic flight.
- THE Dragonflight profession system will be continued, with new specialization possibilities for the different professions. There may be changes to inspiration value and crafting orders.
- As for account-level activation of transmogging patterns via warbands, they could do that Level set tokens are an exception represent and remain linked to the soul. Community feedback (and whether the developers find a workable solution for activation) will ultimately be the deciding factor.
- There is currently no feature to play as a character leave the war band.
- If you have one Battlenet account has multiple WoW logins, then all characters from different WoW logins will be part of your warband: there is no maximum limit as there is for the number of characters per WoW account. However, multiboxers may encounter small restrictions, such as when accessing the War Pack Bank: if character A from WoW account A is currently in the bank, character B from account B cannot access the bank.
- When warbands become accessible, the reputation of the Dragonflight factions should be distributed across the account. All factions from previous expansions will follow in time. With rival factions such as Aldor and Seer from TBC There will likely be exceptions: the reputation itself remains unchanged for the respective characters, but the associated rewards should be available to the entire warband.
- Mythic Plus Portals will be available account-wide.
- With the launch of The War Within there will only be one Background for the War Pack character window Give. Further basic information and individual customization options will follow over time.
- There are currently no plans to do so Inventory or bag system to be radically revised.
- THE trading post will return in The War Within.
- There is none for The War Within Value compression planned. With Midnight, however, adjustments to the values may be necessary.
- The developers would like to do this in the future as well additional customization options offer to different peoples.
- With Midnight and The Last Titan, the developers want to return to already familiar regions more often. However, this isn’t time travel, but rather a return to the current timeline. What changed there? What new adventures await the heroes of Azeroth there? It would be a waste if one existed Continent like Northrend it’s scorched earth forever just because the WotLK expansion took place there.
- For the Depth there will be no identity restrictions. You can visit them as many times as you want. The limitation comes via rare and epic keys, which you can use to open reward chests in the depths.
- THE Archeology profession he will not return in The War Within.
Cataclysm Classic and Season of Discovery
- Lead Software Engineer Ana Resendez, Associate Production Manager Clayton Stone and Assistant Lead Game Designer Tim Jones answer questions from the classic.
- Developers want it right now no era server for WotLK Classic to avoid further fragmentation of the community. But that doesn’t mean you won’t return to Northrend sooner or later.
- With the announced Level speed increased in the range of 1 to 80 Those responsible primarily target the area from level 60 in Outland and Northrend. After all, players can only expect the famous TBC and WotLK Classic level experience. There should be no major adjustments for levels 1 to 60. However, players can expect the regular return of the XP buff.
- With Cata Classic, developers want part of Weaknesses of the guild system eradicate. Small guilds should be competitive. You should also consider the guild perks that increased the toxicity of the game at the time (for example, a certain percentage of every gold earned by members went to the bank, which led to mass invites).
- With Cata Classic it will be Return of the Disenchant button when assigning elements.
- The final stages of the Season of Discovery will take place at levels 25, 40, 50 and 60. However, it has not yet been decided when exactly which stage will take place. The respective time will depend on how long it takes for the currently active endgame meta to fully develop.
- THE Final contents of the different level phases they are not increased to the new end-game level with each new stage. However, the developers expect the content to remain relevant throughout the season, as many players want to play Twinks and earn all the runes.
- It is not yet clear in what form Iconic classic raids from level 60 will be available.
- The developers would like to bring the season to the end of some quest lines that ended rather abruptly in the original vanilla WoW. What exactly is not yet clear. It could be there new legendaries be available? Perhaps.
- The Classic team works 24 hours a day Bots in the classic context fight. This work will continue with the new season. Among other things, through changes to some activities, which are not currently revealed.
- The goal of the Season of Discovery is: all players on as few servers as possible to distribute. It is now possible to host more players on servers than at the beginning of WoW Classic.
- THE PvP event in Ashenvale it only begins when both sides reach a specified minimum number of potential comrades-in-arms.
- Even with all of them new class runes The open world adventure should feel challenging. If necessary, the developers will increase the strength of the monsters.
- THE Classic era racial abilities it will not be revised with the season. However, with the new equipment, the developers will make it easier for players to equip themselves optimally and reach important stat caps.
- It is not yet clear how long the level 60 phase of the season will last and what will happen next. One thing is clear: players become one way or another maintain their seasonal characteristics May.